Sunday, April 10, 2011

Party Time!

Yesterday was just the perfect day for Noah's party! We had beautiful weather--almost too hot!--for his backyard bash at my parents' house. We celebrated his big day with all of his Favorite Things. We had little stations set up where the kids could play--golf, cars & motorcycles, balls (basketball, baseball, and just balls to throw & play with), and a firetruck bouncer! We served all of his favorite foods for lunch--McDonalds cheeseburgers, chicken nuggets, Mimi's mac 'n' cheese, fruit, white cupcakes, and vanilla ice cream. Oh, and limeades to drink! And of course the most important "favorite" was that all of his very favorite people were there. His family and all of his favorite friends! All in all, 24 of his buddies made it to the party (not including a few of the itty babies). What a fun, special day!

I had so much fun making all the decorations, and the fabulous Katie made the banner and food labels for me, which were just perfect. She was a HUGE help and answered about a million questions for me during the planning process.

 Here are a few shots of the table decor. I think this collage will get bigger if you click on it. (oh, and we realized after I took the pics that the banner was uneven, but then I forgot to take another pic after fixing it. Oh well!) 

Some of the "stations" where the kids could play

Firetruck bouncer! A huge hit. 

The birthday boy, playing with one of his wonderful gifts. 

Sam was an absolute angel the whole time! I kept forgetting he was there (This is also thanks to the countless family members who took care of him the whole time!) 


Our happy family!

I tried to get pics of all the kids who came, because Noah just loves looking through pics on the computer and I knew he'd love this. Unfortunately I missed a few, but I tried! 
Here is adorable Ayden!

Noah & Eli. We are so thankful for Eli's friendship! He's a great "guy friend" to Noah, who is often surrounded by all his sweet girl friends. Somehow I didn't get a pic of his other boy BFF, Caleb. :(

Sam and Ella O.

Noah and Eli playing again!

Sweet baby Brooks. I don't know how I managed to miss a picture of big sis Ruthie!

"Emma from church", as Noah calls her. (to distinguish from cousin Emma)

We love the cute Smith kiddos! 

Annie. She had a ball!

I couldn't believe how much Brock has grown up! Didn't get big sis Karoline in the pic :(

Avery represented the Boones well :) Poor Dalton has the chicken pox 

Look at these cute girls! Some of our besties, and two girls on the approved girlfriend list (once Noah and Sam are at least 25, of course! ;) 

Ella N! Such a doll. She and little sis Emmy were dressed alike and looked adorable!

The handsome Kella boys! This was their first outing together since Davis' arrival! 

Ellie, trying out the golf mat! This was one of our gifts to Noah.

Noah & Brady shooting baskets. The bball goal was our other gift to him.

Aunt Melissa & Emma. Poor Em wasn't feeing too hot, but she powered through :) And Melissa was a HUGE help cleaning up after the party, and also served as the self-titled "Favor Nazi" cause I kept forgetting to hand them out!

Thank you, Mema, for making the trip to celebrate with Noah! And for helping hold Sam :)

Ben & Lucy

Present time!

Isn't his tshirt adorable?? Emma, Melissa & Scott gave it to him, it came from If You Say Sew. 

I didn't get good pics of cousin Mollie or school/church BFF Caleb, but here they both are watching the unwrapping

Thanks to Mar Mar, the birthday boy got his first taste of DDP :)

Sweet Charlie, bobbing for ice cream :)

Uncle Brian hung out with Sam while Noah opened his gifts. I think Sam just about fell asleep in his arms.

Me & Ellie. Love that girl!

Friends! Our little family is oh-so-blessed with great friends. 

THANK YOU family and friends for making Noah feel so special on his 3rd birthday! He is one lucky little boy to have so many wonderful people in his life. Days like yesterday just make me feel happy and grateful, and I know that Noah feels the same way! He had a blast!

3 comments:

Morgan Smith said...

such a great party!

Jessica said...

So cute! Looks like Noah had a fabulous birthday!

carozza said...

had a blast! such a cute party!!!!!!