Family Birthday Dinner
Friday night we took Noah to Larry's Pizza for his family birthday dinner. He and I have been there a couple times before and he has always begged to play the games but we've never had time. So, we thought he would love to eat some yummy pizza and then play some games. He ate maybe two bites of pizza before he was headed to the game room. He was just too excited!
Partying for a Cause
After Noah's birthday party on Saturday afternoon, Josh and I got to go out for a real, live, grown-up night out! Imagine that! Some great friends of ours have a daughter who was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when she was 9 months old. She's one of Noah's little besties, and is just a couple months younger than him. I highly recommend that you check out their blog to read about their journey! Anyway, Saturday night was the annual JDRF Gala and we got to attend with a group of our friends. It was an honor to be there in support of our friends, and I can't think of a better reason to get dressed up and party! :) Thank you Mar Mar & Papa D for taking good care of our boys while we went out!
More Birthday Celebrating
Sunday was Noah's actual birthday, and the birthday boy had us up bright and early at 5:30. Good times :) I headed to Shipley's before the sun was all the way up to get a celebratory breakfast. We sang Happy Birthday, opened a couple small presents, and enjoyed our donuts before church.
After church we had time for a family trip to the park before lunch at Mimi & Papa Jim's house. Noah said he wanted to swing on his belly and go down the slide. What the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets! Sam enjoyed a bottle and then had fun watching.
Next up we headed to Mimi & Papa Jim's house for Sunday lunch/Noah's birthday celebration (celebration number 4, for anyone keeping count!) Noah was so happy that Micah & Kelsey were in town to party with him. While lunch was being prepared, the kids put on a talent show for Kelsey on the stairs. So funny! Then we had yummy fried chicken with all of Mimi's delicious sides, plus of course birthday cake and ice cream! Noah was thrilled with all his gifts.
It's Easter Time!
Oh yes, there's more. After brief Sunday afternoon naps, we loaded up and headed back over to Mar Mar & Papa D's house for an Easter Egg Hunt, egg dying, and cook-out. My parents were planning to be out of town for Easter so that is why we planned it for this weekend. Even though they are probably not leaving town anymore, we decided not to change the Easter celebration. Good thing, cause Noah is way excited about Easter festivities. He is constantly saying "It's Easter time!" The Easter Bunny brought all the kids an adorable outfit, a bunny Pillow Pet, a butterfly net, bunny ears, binoculars, and a couple other little things. And of course he hid plenty of eggs filled with goodies!
After the hunt, it was egg-dying time! All the kids loved it, most especially Emma!! It was hilarious!
The kids played basketball while the burgers and hot dogs were cooking. We got a good laugh at their attire.
After dinner, we of course had to sing Happy Birthday to Noah once again! We had cupcakes and Mar Mar's delicious homemade ice cream. Yum!
Whew!! What a weekend! I think we're all exhausted and I personally could sleep for days. Unfortunately the little people in the household have different plans, so we're doing our best to enjoy this rainy Monday!
PS. after reading over this post once again, I am realizing how much we ATE this weekend. Sheesh. And now I am having a salad for lunch!


7 comments:
Such an exciting, fun, and exhausting weekend. It looks like the birthday boy had a great birthday weekend! So glad we got to be there for his family birthday celebration! We love you Noah! Happy 3rd Birthday!
what a weekend! You and Josh look SMOKIN' for the gala... if I didn't know, I would NEVER know you have two babies! :) Work it girl!
Happy Birthday Noah! Looks like he had a wonderful weekend!
Jennifer
First of all... I'm so glad you're blog isn't private any more! I always forgot to check it!! Happy birthday to Noah... looked like such a fun weekend! And as always, you looked absolutely gorgeous for the gala!
Love it ALL! and now i want shipleys. thanks for the blog link love... i feel fancy.
What a fun birthday weekend - love all the pictures!
Post a Comment