Crunchy Napa Cabbage Salad
1 head of cabbage, thinly sliced then coarsely chopped (about 3-4 cups shredded cabbage)
1 C fresh sugar snap peas, sliced (I cut them in thirds)
1 C radishes, sliced into half-moon shapes
1/2 cup sliced green onion
1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
(I really just "eyeball" the amounts for all of the above ingredients)
1 C fresh sugar snap peas, sliced (I cut them in thirds)
1 C radishes, sliced into half-moon shapes
1/2 cup sliced green onion
1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
(I really just "eyeball" the amounts for all of the above ingredients)
Dressing:
1 T white wine vinegar
1 T Splenda or sugar
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. crushed garlic puree
1/4 tsp. Asian sesame oil
1/4 tsp. ground ginger puree
1/4 tsp. (or more) Asian chili sauce
1/3 cup light mayo
1 T white wine vinegar
1 T Splenda or sugar
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. crushed garlic puree
1/4 tsp. Asian sesame oil
1/4 tsp. ground ginger puree
1/4 tsp. (or more) Asian chili sauce
1/3 cup light mayo
Cut up all the salad ingredients as instructed in the ingredients list and combine everything but the almonds in a big salad bowl.
Stir together the vinegar, Splenda or sugar, soy sauce, garlic puree, sesame oil, ginger puree, and chili sauce. Whisk in the mayo until ingredients are well combined.
Toss salad ingredients, add enough dressing to coat ingredients, and toss again. Toast the sliced almonds in a dry pan over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add almonds and toss gently. Serve immediately.
I took a picture of the Asian chili sauce, ginger puree, and garlic puree that I use in case anyone was unsure what these ingredients are. The ginger is a refrigerated ingredient found in the produce section, not ground ginger from the spice section. I'm sure minced fresh ginger ad garlic would be great in this too.
This week's splurge dessert is so delicious for summertime. It's a layered strawberry dessert, yum! This is a recipe I started making a few years ago by combining a few different recipes. Enjoy!
Layered Strawberry Delight
2 C flour
1/2 C brown sugar
1 C melted butter (REAL butter)
1, 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened (I use the 1/3 less fat, as if that really helps, ha)
1 C powdered sugar
2, 8 oz. tubs of Cool Whip (again, I use light and pretend it matters)
2 C fresh strawberries, chopped
1/4-1/3 C sugar
First chop the strawberries, mix in the sugar, and stick them in the fridge to get all juicy. Meanwhile, combine the flour, brown sugar, and butter. Spread and press into a 9x13 pan and bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Let it cool completely. Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together, then fold in one carton of Cool Whip. Spread this on top of the crust and refrigerate it for about 20-30 minutes to set just a little bit. Then top that layer with the strawberries, and spread the remaining Cool Whip on top. Refrigerate the whole thing for at least an hour and preferably a little longer if you can, before serving.
1 comment:
Glad you are enjoying the recipe!
Post a Comment