Samuel Alan is 9 months old! What a big boy! I can.not.be.lieve. he will be a year old in 3 short months. This time last year, right after Memorial Day, I remember thinking "I just have to make it through the summer, because by Labor Day he will be here!" (little did I know how difficult it would be to make it through that record-breaking heat!) And now I'm sitting here thinking that in that short time my BABY BOY will be a year old! Sniff, sniff. Time flies, people. It's cliche but oh-so-true. Sweet boy had his monthly b-day yesterday and then visited good ole Dr. Feelbetter this morning for his check-up. How is Sam doing at 9 months old?
- Weighs 20 lbs 3 oz (45th %) and is 29 1/2 inches long (81st %). He's actually lost a little weight, but the doctor isn't concerned.
- Wears 12 month clothes, size 3 diapers, size 3 shoes. Can even wear some 18 month stuff, but mostly just cause I have some cute things in that size I couldn't wait for him to wear :)
- Goes to bed at 8:00ish every night and wakes up between 6:30-7:00 in the morning
- Naps for an hour-and-a-half to two hours in the morning and two-and-a-half to three hours in the afternoon
- Drinks 4 bottles a day and eats 3 meals of solids. He loves Puffs and is starting to eat some other finger foods like peas and cut-up bananas.
- Has three teeth--two on bottom, one on top
- Speed-crawls throughout the house, pulls up on anything in sight, and cruises along wherever his little heart desires. He also takes those little diving steps between items on his cruising outings.
- Is totally over the exersaucer and jumper. He just wants to be all over the place and into everything at all times! We got out Noah's old play table thing and push walker and he's been enjoying those now that he can stand.
- "Talks" up a storm. Those sweet "ma-ma"s just make my day!
- Rarely cries anymore. As I sit here thinking about it, the only times I can think of him crying in recent memory are when Noah has in some way injured or scared him. Poor thing!
- Growing hair like crazy! Perhaps this seems odd to note, but his dear older brother was quite the baldie until age 2 so I'm happy to have a babe with some hair (sorry, Noah)
- Is just so happy and good-natured! I love this little boy!
And now, of course, 9 pictures of my cutie patootie 9-month-old!
and one to grow on!
3 comments:
he is seriously SO precious! And I had to laugh at the Noah injurring him comment... we have the same problem at our house. I feel so bad for C man sometimes, but sometimes I wonder if he cries just because he knows I'll come running :)
He is so beautiful! Don't tell him I said that . . .but its the truth. Just want to squeeze him! Looking forward to seeing him tonight!
Mandy,
He is gorgeous!!!!
Post a Comment