Thursday, October 02, 2008

I Will Survive

This has been my mantra for the last week or so. I'll admit that I've even found myself belting out the song a time or two. Noah has been a "Fussy Gus" as we say around here, and life has just been a little crazy. As an example, between 6:30 and 7:15 this morning I changed 3 dirty diapers and cleaned spit-up off Noah, myself, the kitchen floor and the diaper bag. Typical morning for a mom I know, but with the extreme fussiness thrown in I sometimes feel like I'm losing my mind!

BUT, it turns out that there is a reason for his bad mood...Noah now has his first tooth! It is the one that has been right under his gums for so long now. I was really hoping it was coming once this fussiness hit us last week. Then a couple days ago his nose started running and he had some nasty dirty diapers (sorry, TMI) and I just knew it was coming! Sure enough, yesterday afternoon I discovered that it has officially pushed through the gums. It is one of the bottom middle ones. I'm hoping the worst is behind us but we'll see. We've had plenty of fussy days during this process, but thankfully no waking at night (so far at least)

He doesn't like me feeling or looking at the tooth, so my attempts to get a picture haven't really worked out. Hopefully I can get one soon.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I was just there, Mandy, and still am in so many ways!

Good days will soon come!

Candy Johnson said...

Hang in there, Mandy! I just keep telling myself that God doesn't give us anything we can't handle! I say it over and over all day long :)

Jayme said...

I am right there with you Morgan is working on her top four teeth right now and it has not been fun. I am not getting very good naps out of her and we often call her our "Grumpy Bear".