Monday, October 27, 2008

What a Weekend

This was quite a fun and busy weekend. We spent most of the weekend with Josh's family because both of his brothers (Micah & Caleb) were in town. Friday night Josh, Noah & I went over to his parent's house. Micah and his girlfriend Kelsey were there so we just hung out and watched Noah trying to crawl. He is getting SOCLOSE, check it out

He can scoot (but mostly backwards), and he can get up on his hands and knees but then he doesn't know what to do so he just rocks back and forth. So funny!

Saturday Noah finally got to meet his future bride, Laney Marie Brisiel! Amy, Ryan and Laney were in town so we all went over to her parent's house to see the sweet baby girl. She is 4 weeks old and PRECIOUS! This picture cracks me up cause she blends in with her blanket


After seeing Laney, Josh & I took Noah on his first trip to the playground! We had fun,but I think Noah was mostly confused. He tends to like new things better the second time around, after he's had a chance to get used to it. Here are some pics from our adventure:

I love his face in this one (above), like it's the wildest ride of his life!


Weeeee!

Apparently I wasn't swinging quite fast enough for him, he looks like he's about to fall asleep!

Faster, Daddy!


Saturday night we got together with all of Josh's family and his grandparents took everyone out to eat catfish. It was delicious and lots of fun. Noah thoroughly enjoyed his butternut squash and applesauce while the rest of us had catfish and fries!

Sunday after church we celebrated Rachel's (Josh's sister) birthday at Sunday lunch. Then that afternoon my mom and dad watched Noah so Josh & I could finally go see Fireproof (first movie we've seen since before Noah was born by the way!) I'm sure everyone reading this has heard plenty about the movie by now, so I will just reiterate what everyone else has said and tell you that if you are married you have to see this movie!! It was so good, not to mention convicting!

So that's our weekend!

On a sad note, the obvious low point of the weekend was on Saturday night when we found out that Anne Pressly lost her fight with life. I went to high school with Anne for two years, and she was such a sweet, charismatic, fun girl who was clearly loved by so many people. I only regret that I never took the chance to get to know her better. I am praying for Anne's family as they grieve and heal, and I am praying that the person who did this terrible thing to her will be caught and brought to justice.

No comments: