Friday, July 01, 2011

double digits!

Sweet Samuel is 10 months old today! What a big boy. What is this cute 10-month-old baby doing these days?
  • sleeping like a champ. 8p-6:30/7a every night. 1:30-4/4:30 every afternoon. Morning naps depend on our busy schedule but I always try to let him sleep for at least an hour. If it was up to him he'd sleep from 9-11 every morning. I like to rock him to sleep, he'd rather go to sleep on his own. We compromise. 
  • not drinking much formula. I just don't think it's his favorite thing. He takes 4 bottles a day for a total of about 20-24 ounces for the day. 
  • can't decide whether he likes to eat. It really depends on whether he's teething. If he is, then forget about it. For the past 3 days he has eaten all finger food, no purees! I think we are about done with baby food, which is SO hard to believe. He likes peaches, bananas, apples, toast, chicken, sweet potatoes, avocado, oatmeal muffins... He is not a fan of green vegetables. 
  • has 6 teeth--2 on bottom, 4 on top
  • crawls at break-neck speed, cruises everywhere he can, and takes quick steps between furniture and toys. No real steps yet. 
  • loves his play tables, toy piano, wooden toy cube, and anything of Noah's that he shouldn't have. 
  • loves going to the pool and getting a bath.
  • started going to Mother's Day Out once a week! Noah's "school" is doing a summer program so I decided to send both boys one morning. It is so nice for me to have a short break, and Sam is doing great there! I knew he would :) In the fall he will be going there one morning a week too. 
Believe it or not, I don't have many pictures to post. The first one gives you a little hint to the theme of the small 1st birthday party I'm planning for him :) The second one is him with his backpack before Mother's Day Out, and the third is a phone pic of him enjoying a "big boy" breakfast.



    2 comments:

    Morgan Smith said...

    looks so big in last pic!

    hannah said...

    He is so pretty, Mandy. I think he looks so much like you!