Today we went to Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A. How awesome is the Chick?! They are always doing things like this that are so fun for kids and families. Not to mention the free food! I dressed the boys AND myself in full-out cow gear, and we had an entire lunch for free. We also played on the playground and saw the big cow himself--but only from afar. Noah wanted to wave from far away, but would not go near him for a picture! He wouldn't even let me take Sam over for a pic! Of course our buddies the Smiths were up for the fun too, and also sweet little Ella and her mommy. Gotta love fun outings with friends!
I was inspired by this post of Shannon's to try making my own appliques to put on tshirts for the boys. I've been "making" shirts by getting appliques off of etsy, like I wrote about here, but I wanted to try this out too. I made Noah an elephant applique and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! One of the reasons I wanted to make my own was so I could have much bigger appliques than the ones I've been ordering, and I didn't end up making this one big enough :( Oh well, live and learn. I can't wait to try out some more designs! Just like Shannon did, I just free-handed the design (while looking at a picture of a Boden shirt ;) ) and made the applique using fabric and iron-on fusing from Hobby Lobby. I still need to stitch around the edges too.
Noah's been giving us some naptime and bedtime trouble lately. It's like he's in a weird in-between stage where a good nap messes up bedtime, but without a nap he's a mess. A lot of nights we struggle with him getting up a lot after we put him to bed, and some nights we still hear him talking and singing as late as 10:00! But then he's up like usual at 6:30--or earlier!--the next morning. About half the time he gives me trouble going down for a nap too, but then once he's asleep he would nap for over 3 hours if I'd let him. I just don't know if I should cut his nap really short (I selfishly do NOT want to do this), change something at bedtime, or what! If anyone has advice, I would LOVE to hear it.
That's all the randomness I have today! I hope everyone has a great weekend. We'll be celebrating a few birthdays and then kicking off Noah's week of VBS!
4 comments:
love the new applique shirt. really really cute. and is it weird that i think that hygenist looks like me?!?!? maybe not to anyone else, but on a glance, i totally thought you had posted a pic of me! weird.
The dentist story is so sweet. Those brave first borns, sticking it out no matter what! =) Spencer is doing the exact same shenanigans at bedtime / nap time. He's about 6 months younger than Noah (I think--he's 2.5), but I can't decide if it's behavior (just wanting to be up, with us, not in his room) or growing out of his nap a little bit. I think it's a combination of both. We have found him quietly reading his books at ten o'clock at night, he turns the light on and everything. I wish I had some great advice. Maybe you'll figure it out--I'm feeling defeated.
I felt like I had typed the bedtime problem part myself. We have been going through the EXACT same thing the last few weeks. I guess since they are birthday twins, I shouldn't be surprised. Charlie was sitting in bed with us the other night at 10:00 because he was "not tired". One night he was up until 10:30 and that has never happened before! I researched it for a bit and it just sounds like a phase. We finally set him up with some flashlights and a few books in his bed to keep him in there tonight. I'll let you know we figure out any other tricks.
Love the cow outfits! So cute.
What a great idea about the t-shirts, too. I may have to try that! Thanks for the tips. ; )
Post a Comment