Saturday, April 07, 2012

hippity hoppity easter's on the way

We have had fun celebrating this Easter holiday for 2 days already. Yesterday was our 3rd annual playgroup Easter party! The weather was absolutely bea-u-ti-ful for our playground egg hunt--it truly felt like Spring instead of the middle of summer, as we've had lately, or winter, as we've had in years past. Nice! The kids all had a great time finding eggs, and Mary Kathryn brought a cute prize for the finder of the Golden Egg. Grace was the lucky winner! It was a lot of fun watching both my boys get to hunt this year.

 














After the hunt we went inside and enjoyed some yummy snacks and treats, then of course a fun craft with Morgan.



(love how Noah sticks out his tongue when he is concentrating)


We had a great time with our friends as always. You can check out the 2010 and 2011 playgroup Easter parties to see how these precious kids have grown!

This was my contribution to the party treats:

Bunny Bait! I was inspired by a few cute Pins. I actually originally planned to do be simple & sweet and copy this Pin, but after going to 4 different stores yesterday I found that powdered donut holes are some elusive treasure that doesn't exist. While at store #4 I remembered seeing a pin for Bunny Bait that was more like snack mix than a sweet treat, so I decided I would go with that and add white chocolate to make it sweeter. So my treat was inspired by this Pin, and my cups were inspired by this Pin, although they are different.

Here's my on-a-whim "recipe" for Bunny Bait:
1 bag of popped popcorn
1/2 bag pretzel sticks
1 bag of pastel candy-coated chocolate eggs(M&Ms would be better, they were out)
1 bag of mini marshmallows
1 bag of white chocolate chips
pastel sprinkles (Noah's idea, they added a lot!) 
Mix everything but the white chocolate and sprinkles in a big bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, pour it over and mix until coated well. Pour on wax paper-covered cookie sheets to harden. 

Having a helper is nice


Noah helped me make the cups, too (after a bath and wardrobe change). He cut out the ears, I hot-glued everything on. There's the concentration tongue again


*************************************************************

Today was day 2 of Easter fun. This morning we went to the Easter Egg Hunt at the country club with my family. The petting zoo was definitely the highlight for my boys as always, but they both loved hunting for eggs as well. I was surprised how Sam just headed out there and filled his basket--with one hunt down, he knew what he was doing!

















**********************************************************

This afternoon it was time for egg-dyeing and bunny-nest-building at Mimi's! I am loving all these Easter traditions. The kids can't wait to see what the Easter Bunny leaves in their nests tomorrow. 







More memory-making to come tomorrow :) 

HE IS RISEN!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Looks so fun, and the Bunny Bait is adorable. Also, so is the smiley picture of Sam.