Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Making Daddy Proud

I think I've pointed out on the blog before that Noah has not one but two basketball goals that he plays with. Josh loves basketball so I guess it only makes sense for him to pass that love on to his son. They even watch basketball on TV together every single night while Noah has his bedtime bottle.

A couple days ago I was in the kitchen cleaning up the dinner dishes when Josh excitedly called me into Noah's "playroom" (aka, the empty dining room). I can't remember the last time I heard him so excited about something so I rushed right in there. When I got there Josh said "Noah, shoot it!" and sure enough, Noah slam-dunked a ball right into his goal (I think it was a mini soccer ball, but that is neither here nor there). Josh had the goofiest, most proud daddy grin on his face. In fact, I think he said the words "this is the most excited I've been about him doing something new!" This particular basketball goal has a digital screen that keeps count of how many baskets you make, and Josh couldn't have been prouder when Noah reached the pinnacle of 10 in a row. It's Noah's absolute favorite thing to do now!



PS. Notice that he's "shooting" with his left hand--another source of pride and excitement for his dear old southpaw dad!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Way to go Noah!!! Imagine the excitement when he's at his first real basketball game!!! So cute!