Friday, March 18, 2011

blog thoughts

I'm really making up for lost time on the ole blog! I'm convinced that the smartest thing I've done so far as a mommy of 2 was working to get the boys on the same nap schedule. As of right now, both boys nap from 2:00-5:00 every day. (Noah sometimes wakes up a bit earlier). Ahhhh, heavenly. I'm crossing my fingers that it stays this way, but I am also well aware that with kids, and really babies especially, things are always subject to change. But anyway, I'm enjoying having some time to myself again to keep the house picked up (trying!), peacefully get dinner started, do some laundry and other necessities, and yes, catch up on a few TV shows and blogging as well.

So anyway, I'm happy that I'm able to keep up with my blog a bit better for now. It really is a priority for me because it is the perfect way to keep a record of our lives. I know how special it will be for me to look back on this some day, and hopefully at some point (maybe not til they're pushing 30 themselves), my boys will enjoy having this record of their childhood as well. Once I found out that I could print my blog into a book each year, I was sold on keeping up with it. (have I printed any books yet? No. But I will!)

I don't get many comments on the blog anymore. I really am OK with that but it leaves me wondering if anyone is out there? :) As I said, far and above anything else, the purpose of my blog is for keeping memories. But I can't help but be curious who is still reading? I don't care too much about getting comments on every post, but I do have a favor to ask on this one :) If you are reading, will you comment and let me know? I'd just love to know if I'm writing this thing solely for myself and my family, or if some of my other readers are still out there as well! I have no regrets about taking this thing private, but sometimes I do question whether anyone still reads it, since it doesn't show up in the little "google reader" lists.

FYI, I'm well-aware that I'm a little long-winded. If anyone WAS reading at the beginning of this post, I doubt that you even made it to the part about commenting!

PS. several new posts below!

15 comments:

kelsey said...

I check your blog everyday and I love seeing pictures of the boys and what y'all are up to. So at least u know I'm reading. :)

Mar Mar said...

Well Mar Mar reads it every day, and in fact, I'm always disappointed when nothing new is there, so you're making me real happy right now!

Anna said...

I'm reading!! Your boys are such cuties. Thanks for sharing!

Kali said...

I am reading! I love reading about your sweet boys, you are such a great mommy!

Jill said...

I was just talking about that with some friends yesterday...I wish private blogs showed up in google reader...I think people just forget. Anyways, you know I read, and love seeing the fun things you and your sweet boys do each week!

Boonies in the Boonies said...

I'm reading! Have you ever looked at your stats? It says how many times your blog is looked at daily, how many times a post is read etc. Check it out! :)

Jessica said...

I'm reading! I love seeing what Charlie's birthday twin is up to and seeing pics of cute little Sam.

Sue said...

Mandy, I read your blog..I was coming everyday but knew with 2 little boys things would change and you probably would not have the time...I love seeing the pictures of Noah and Sam and hearing about the things you all have been doing..

Stephanie and Caleb said...

I check the blog religiously! I dont want to miss anything!!!

Unknown said...

I love reading about your boys!

Mimi said...

Mimi reads everyday too!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog!!

The Bells said...

Mandy,

I'm still stalking! I don't check everyday....more like once every week or two. But I try to get all caught up when i do check! Hope cute baby sam gets to feeling better soon!

Sarah

the Fords said...

i still blog stock you :)

Haley Nicodemus said...

I'm reading now that I have access again! :). Looking forward to this swap shoppe thing!