Wednesday, March 09, 2011

party planning

One month from tomorrow my precious firstborn will be 3 years old. I want to cry just thinking about it!
It's just really hard to believe that he's becoming such a big boy. For some reason this turning 3 thing is kind of hitting me hard. That, combined with the fact that I'm turning the big 3-0 in October, just has me not loving birthdays so much this year. :)

Anyway, I digress.

I'm in full-on party planning mode because one month from today is Noah's big birthday bash! I've been doing lots of planning and preparing, with some help from the fabulous Katie. I'll share more details after the party, but I can tell you that the party theme is "Noah's Favorite Things". I kind of cheated because I definitely wanted a theme, but I also just kind of wanted it to be a free-for-all that included all the things Noah loves. Since the party is all about Noah, I decided earlier that I better get some input from him. Here are his ideas:

Me: What kind of birthday party do you want to have? What do you want to do at your party?
Noah: I want to jump very high outside! It's not cold anymore! It's warm!

Me: Do you want to do anything else at your party?
N: I want to eat cake outside! And I want to play golf there with my golf clubs.

Me: Who do you want to invite to your party?
N: Emma, Brady, Annette, Baby Charlie, Annette's mommy, Eli, and Jake.
(side note: don't worry, he wants Ellie, Mollie and Annie to be there too. I told him that his party is going to be at Mar Mar & Papa D's house so he automatically thinks of Emma & Brady. I told him the girls would be there too, and he said "No, they'll come to my party at Mimi's house" :) )

Me: Do you want Sam to come?
N: No, He'll be by himself at home.

Me: How many people do you want to come to your party?
N: Ten! I want Mimi there. Not Gracie. Gracie's not people.
(Gracie is Mimi's dog)

Me: What kind of cake do you want to have?
N: Ice cream cake! I want to make it at my house. But I can't like chocolate. Ewww, YUCK!

Me: What color should your cake be?
N: I like white.

Me: What other kind of food do you want to have?
N: I want ice cream! And three cheeseburgers. Strawberries, nanas, and milk. I like milk.

Me: What do you want to put on your birthday list?
N: A horse shirt to wear at church (Polo shirt. I've created a little label snob. Oops). A Jesse, a Veggietales movie so I'll have three. And a computer and a ball like Sam's.

Me: what song will everyone sing to you?
N: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

3 comments:

Linds said...

hahaha, I love the interview. Especially twinkle twinkle little star! Please have everyone sing that to him. It will be hilarious!

Unknown said...

I am glad to know that my boy is not the only one that wants a Jesse! He asks for one every other day!

Jill said...

That makes me laugh that he wants to wear a horse shirt!!! Too funny, sounds like the perfect party! :)