Thursday, January 06, 2011

Sam is 4 months!

This happy boy turned 4 months old on January 1st! Isn't he just such a little pumpkin?? Love him!

Here's what our sweet Samuel is up to at age 4 months:
  • Weight: 17 lbs 6 oz (89%), Length: 27 inches (95%). Big boy. No surprise there.
  • Wears 3-6 mo and a few 6-12 mo clothes. Wears a size 2 diaper.
  • Sleeps all the way through the night, with no "dream feed", in his own bed! Yay! We decided to drop the dream feed and leave him in his room all night just a couple days after he turned 3 months, and he's been sleeping all night ever since. He sleeps from 8pm-6:30ish am. Many nights I do have to go in at some point and give him his paci, but he immediately goes back to sleep once he gets it so that is great!
  • He takes a terrible morning nap and a great afternoon nap! I'm lucky to get about 45 minutes out of him the morning, but in the afternoon he will sleep 2:30-5:00 or a little later and rarely has any issues. He also catnaps at some point in between his two crib naps, usually in his carseat while we are out and about.
  • He is totally on formula and eats 5 times a day, 4-6 oz each time.
  • He sits up really well when he's assisted. I have a feeling he'll be an early independent sitter like his brother was. He also really likes to stand up.
  • He rolls from his back to his belly but hasn't rolled belly to back yet. Probably because he can't stand to be on his belly and won't stay there long enough to figure it out! I always give in and roll him back over.
  • He is just the happiest thing unless he's tired. Evenings have always been his fussy time, when he needs a little more attention and holding, but that is even slowly starting to get better. Usually he is all smiles and giggles all the time!
  • He loves his Jumparoo and his playmat. They both entertain him for quite awhile. He also really loves his Sophie the Giraffe.
I'll wrap up with a few pics of our littlest man. We had a little photo session yesterday. Sorry most of the pics were taken with my phone, that's just the easiest thing most of the time!







1 comment:

Scott and Lauren said...

Your such an awesome Momma! I always read to see what to expect the next month since Eliza-Grace is a month younger than Sam. So thankful for you and your blogging. I always think okay that's what I was thinking and if Mandy's doing it, I'm on the right track! =)