Friday, January 28, 2011

spring dreaming


The weather is completely spring-like here today, it is crazy for January! We went to the playground with friends earlier and seriously got a little hot, and this afternoon Josh is taking off work early to take Noah to the golf course. We are taking full advantage of this weather because of course it won't last!

But this spring weather really has me dreaming about spring clothes. And, no, not for me--for my boys. Crazy I know. I have issues. It's really no secret that I seriously love, love, love to dress my boys. I enjoy shopping for them way more than for myself. It is just so fun for me. Of course I realize it is totally meaningless and their clothes are not really important. But it is seriously like a hobby for me. I told you, issues.

So while I'm dreaming of spring today, here are a few of my spring favorites for the boys!

I just love jon jons for baby boys! Or shortalls, rompers, whatever you want to call them. LOVE THEM. I think Sam will pretty much live in these this summer. They are just easy and so, so cute. Smocked Auctions on Facebook is a great place to find jon jons. If
you haven't "liked" them yet, you should!
I am loving this jon jon from Mud Pie:

I found an Etsy site called Buds n Branches that has lots of cute jon jons. This one looks a lot like one that Kelly's Kids has out right now:

And this Kelly's Kids one is adorable too:

Kelly's Kids has some cute stuff for Noah's age too! And speaking of Kelly's Kids, in early March I am hosting a Kelly's Kids trunk show with my friend Rebekah (who has similar "issues" with kids' clothing!) So if you need to order anything, we'll have you covered!


My love for Boden has been well-documented on the blog :) Their spring stuff is way cute. Thanks to some Christmas money and a couple of gifts that had to be returned, they actually both already have a few things from Boden for spring:


But believe it or not, there are several other things I love too! I'm definitely keeping my eye out for some sales on these things:



Boden actually does have some great sales from time to time. I found this coupon online to save 15% and get free shipping. Not bad! http://www.couponcabin.com/coupons/boden/

Crewcuts is one of my favorites for Noah. Thankfully there is an outlet in Destin, and we'll be there in May, so hopefully I can find some good deals! I love these pants and really
want some seersucker pants for him for Easter, but I'm holding out hoping to find a better deal!

So yeah, I guess I kind of like to dream big when it comes to Noah & Sam's wardrobes! But don't worry, I am all about the staples too, like Old Navy:

and of course Target! I've also been trying my hand at "making" them shirts using $3 t-shirts from WalMart and cute iron-on appliques I find on Etsy. I love this shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/lkm2006(again, thanks to Rebekah!)

So thats what I'm dreaming of today. Pretty ridiculous, I know! But also pretty fun :)

2 comments:

Linds said...

Children's place is going to have some cute shorts this summer-- they're starting to roll them out now! I love the plaid shorts from Old Navy :)

And yes, today made me dream of spring too! I am SICK of the cold weather and hibernation!

Jill said...

Ok, now those are some cute outfits!!! Where have I been?? I've not heard of Boden...I may be in trouble :)