Monday, January 10, 2011

snow day!

We had our first snow of the year yesterday! It started while Noah was napping and he was thrilled to see it when he woke up. Of course we had to head out right away. He wanted to stay outside forever, and Daddy was a trooper to play with him in the freezing cold. I was in and out checking on Sam, who was napping, and also working on our chili dinner.

{one happy little boy}

{feeling the snow}

{he was intrigued by his footprints}

{still coming down!}

{improvised sled--a big cookie sheet}

{uh-oh, he has that look in his eye...}

{snowball fight!}

{I asked him last night what he favorite part of playing in the snow was, and he said throwing snowballs at Daddy}

{digging in the snow}

{Noah and Mommy}

{Noah and Daddy}

{big shock, he wanted to play golf in the snow}

{and baseball}

{this is as close as Sam got to the snow--a 2 second photo op on the covered front porch!}

{Just hanging out on the pile of wet snow clothes, with lovely snow hat hair}

It snowed so much more last night after we came inside! I measured this morning and we got 4 inches. Quite a bit for our neck of the woods! I see a snowman in our future today.

No comments: