Tuesday, May 24, 2011

beach week: day 4

Day 4 (Tuesday) was definitely not the best day. We discovered Monday night that Sam was running a fever, and Tuesday morning he wasn't doing any better. He had been sick with cold symptoms before we left and the doctor said to call him before we left if he didn't seem to be getting better. I debated about it but decided that he was a little better and really didn't need antibiotocs. Well fast forward to Destin Day 4 and he was getting worse, with the fever and also starting to wheeze on top of everything else. So off the doctor we went. Definitely not my favorite vacation activity, but it had to be done. And the doctor and clinic we found (thanks, Mom) were wonderful! Seriously, if anyone ever needs a pediatrician down there I know right where to send you! Anyway the doctor looked him over and checked his oxygen due to the wheezing, and thankfully his oxygen levels were fine. He diagnosed Sam with a sinus infection and prescribed an antibiotic. As I waited for his medicine at the Target pharmacy I couldn't help but laugh a little about how family vacation is not that different than normal life! :)

We kept Sam inside for the rest of that day. These are my only two beach pictures of the day, taken from our 6th-floor balcony.
I love this shot of Noah frolicking :)

Frisbee

I did get some beach time that afternoon while the boys napped (Thanks, Josh!) I finished up this book. LOVED IT! I highly recommend it. It made me cry and made me smile!

That night Josh and I got to go on a date! (Thanks, Kelsey & Micah!) We went on a casual dinner date to The Crab Trap, which is pretty much our Destin staple. We just can't go to Destin without eating there, and since we weren't going out to eat much on this trip we just knew that's where we HAD to go on our date! It didn't disappoint. Afterward we headed back to the outlet mall to exchange a couple things and get some shorts I had been coveting from the J.Crew outlet. We were heading one more place when we got a text from Kelsey that Sam really wasn't feeling well and had thrown up a couple times :( uh-oh. So, back to the condo we went to take care of baby boy!

(I'll skip ahead to day 5 a little bit to tell you that Sam was doing much better that day, and was his normal self by the afternoon!) :)

3 comments:

Morgan Smith said...

Poor sam. Glad it was just one really sick day. Love love the picture of Noah

Mimi said...

The picture of just Noah and sand looks like something you would see in an art studio. That's really a neat picture!

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.