Thursday, May 26, 2011

beach week: day 5

I'll post soon about how I ended up in the hospital losing my appendix, but for now I'd rather re-live some happier memories! :) As I wait to be discharged from the hospital (hopefully) I think I'll work on some vacation blogging. I will say, though, that my appendix is out and aside from some soreness and feeling pretty weak I am doing great!

Day 5 (Wednesday) at the beach was most definitely a happy day. Sam was starting to feel much better, the weather was absolutely gorgeous,and we just soaked up our beach time.

Noah discovered paddle-ball, one of our favorite beach activities!

He was a total beach bum. Boy after my own heart.

This was SO CUTE. "Mr." Steve runs the beach service at my parents' building and we've all gotten to know him over the years. Noah is usually super-shy around people he doesn't know well, but when he saw Steve digging in the sand and filling his wheelbarrow, he just HAD to go help him. It was sort of a long walk up there from our chairs and it was so cute cause a few times along the way he would stop, turn around, and say "I'm really going!" It's like he was trying to psych himself up! Ha

Steve said that Noah was a big help, and told him all about how he has a real shovel at home but that I wouldn't let him go get it. Ha! Noah did ask me if he could go  home to get his real shovel. He also told Steve that he has his own wheelbarrow at home.

His payment was a free shaved ice :) Thanks, Mr. Steve!

Noah was finally getting the hang of how to throw the frisbee. 

Baby boy was starting to feel so much better, thank goodness!

He was pretty curious about the sand.

Hanging out in the shade. 

Sam got much closer to the water than Noah ever would. 

Noah stayed entertained all day in this hole that Josh & Micah dug for him. 

He loved to jump in it. 

By the end of the afternoon it had filled back in a lot, but he enjoyed pushing his bulldozer in the wet sand. 

That evening we got dressed for dinner early and headed out to the beach for a little photo session. Noah wasn't completely cooperative, but we managed to get some pretty good ones. Sam was all about the camera!

Family shot

Giggly baby

My hair was full of drool after this


Noah was definitely cooperative for this shot! :)

We have a picture in this same pose, and the previous one, from our 2008 trip when Noah was 6 months old. I'll have to get out the external hard drive sometime so I can compare them

Sweet thing

This is what he does whenever it is windy. He loves it!

They weren't entirely cooperative for the brother shots :)

Sam was over it

My silly boy

So happy

Having some fun

Noah really preferred running and jumping in the sand to having his picture taken. Who can blame him?!

Cute couple!

After taking about 100 pictures :) we headed to dinner at The Back Porch, another of our Destin staples. Noah loved that there was a playground on the beach, and couldn't really concentrate on dinner knowing that we were heading out there after eating!

Obligatory "big chair" shot, of course with a Dum Dum in hand

Studying the kids menu

A slide right on the beach!

Sam enjoyed watching the playground from this little perch

After dinner we had time to go back to The Track, this time for a little putt-putt. Of course, Noah was in heaven. And if you ask him, he won :)

Concentrating on his putt

Sam was in a great mood, and enjoyed strolling along the course. 

Noah & Kelsey

Noah enjoyed all the animals along the course


Day 5 was a GREAT day! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Katie said...

GREAT pictures, Mandy! Ya'll look so happy.

A.H.P. said...

love them ALL! my favorite is Sam in the wind. :)