Friday, May 27, 2011

beach week: day 6

Josh & Micah got up at the crack of dawn on Thursday to go deep sea fishing. In the 7 years we've been going to Destin together, Josh hasn't ever done this but he's always wanted to try it out. Finally he had someone to go with him! It was a 6-hour adventure on a full boat. They caught tons of snapper and had a great time. Josh took a couple pictures for me with his phone, but he said his hands got so nasty that he didn't really want to touch his phone after awhile! I don't blame him



The boys and I started out the day with breakfast on the balcony while Kelsey was still sleeping. You can't ask for a better view while enjoying your morning Diet Coke (or coffee, if you are a normal person) 


Soon Kelsey was up and we all got ready and headed out to the beach. I didn't take my camera down but I managed to get a few pictures with my phone. Noah wasn't in the best mood that morning, and Sam wouldn't let me lay him down to nap so we improvised and he slept while I held him. 

Sam was so sleepy but it took him forever to give it up

The tide created the perfect little pool for Noah to play in

 Awake and happy

Josh & Micah got back while we were up at the condo eating lunch, then I headed back down to read and lay out while the boys napped and Josh rested a little too. That night Micah & Kelsey went on a date, and our little family decided to have a picnic on the beach. We had none other than Chick-fil-a. Hey, it's still yummy, even in Destin! It was nice to have a relaxing evening with nowhere to go. We ate, ran around, and played baseball. 






Pain pills are kicking in, which means it's time for me to lay down! Stay tuned for day 7, our last full day in Destin....

2 comments:

Shaunda said...

Oh.My.Word!!! That picture of Sam hugging Noah is just priceless!!! I adore it :)

Hope your recovery is going as smoothly as possible!

Morgan Smith said...

i love the picnic on the beach pictures. seeing all that white sand makes me miss the beach terribly. and your suit was super cute! seersucker??? your'e making me want to buy a new suit. pronto.