Once again I can't believe another month has gone by! Samuel is 8 months old today. What's going on with Sam at 8 months?
- He weighs 21 lbs (67%) and is 29 1/2 inches long (91%)
- He wears 12 month clothes, size 3 diapers, and size 3 shoes.
- Last week he had tubes put in his ears. Poor baby had so many ear infections and it was definitely time to do something about it. I am SO thankful that he has tubes now! I hated having him on antibiotics so often, and they never even completely cleared up his infections anyway. So we are hopeful that he will do much better now!
- He is a great sleeper again! yay! After having a rough time from about 4 1/2 to 7 months, he has slept great at night for the past month. Even through the last couple of ear infections he slept well. He goes to bed between 8:00 & 8:30 and wakes up in the morning between 6:30 & 7:00.
- He takes a 1 1/2 hour morning nap and a 3+ hour afternoon nap.
- He has 4 bottles a day and 3 solid meals. He tends to care more about his baby food than his bottles. I'm starting to make more interesting food for him now that he's a little older, and he loves it! His current faves are this and this. He also really loves applesauce and avocado, among other things. Sometimes he has no interest at all in eating, but for the most part he gobbles up the equivalent of about 1 jar of food for breakfast & lunch (3 cubes) and 2 jars for dinner (5-6 cubes). He drinks about 4-6 ounces in each of his 4 bottles.
- He has started to crawl on all fours! Yikes. He still doesn't get super far that way, but using a combo of crawling/rolling/scooching he gets pretty much anywhere he wants to go, which is scary! He is also learning how to pull up but hasn't completely mastered that yet. Growing up so fast!
- His hair gets blonder & blonder and his eyes get bluer & bluer. I can't get over it!
- The wooden cube is still his favorite toy. He also loves Sophie the Giraffe, foam bathtub letters (to chew on), and playing in his jumper and exersaucers.
- Sam is just the cutest, sweetest, happiest, best-tempered little thing! I can't even imagine our family without this precious baby boy. Here are 8 pictures of our sweet little 8 month old
3 comments:
Mandy! Wow, Sam has grown! I just love those beautiful eyes! And homemade baby food...well, you just can't get much healthier than that! Caleb loved it too! Love the new pictures:)
He is soooo cute, Mandy. And I'm so very glad you linked that baby food website. I've had a hard time finding recipes to make Reese's food, and I will now check this one out! I have just ended up blending some homemade food with jars from the store, but after we finish what we have, it's all homemade! :) Can't believe 8 months is right around the corner for us!
Such a sweet boy! I can't believe he is already 8 months old! He is at such a fun age right now. I love his cute laugh. We love you so much Sam!
Post a Comment